Surf the web
- Konqueror - on KDE
- Galeon - on GNOME only
- Mozilla - platform-independent; includes more than just a browser
- Firefox - based on Mozilla; only a browser
- Opera - commercial offering (has to be downloaded separately)
- Lynx - text-interface
You may wish to perform some of the following tasks before using your web browser, or when you are first using your web browser:
- Check the cookie settings
- In general, it is safe to allow all cookies as session cookies only.
- Enable popup blocking, if it is supported.
- Install popular plugins for your browser.
Some popular plugins include:
- Shockwave/Flash - install manually
- Plugger - usually included as a package in Linux distributions
- Java - install manually
- Quicktime - for experts only
- MPlayerPlug-In - requires MPlayer, which supports a wide variety of file formats. Only available for Konqueror, Mozilla, and Firefox.
Additionally, if you are using Mozilla or Firefox, visit Mozilla's Extension Room for useful add-ons such as soft scrolling and mouse gesture navigation.