(Redirected from Linux distribution)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Linux is the popular kernel at the heart of the operating system sometimes called GNU/Linux. It was initially programmed by the Finnish programmer Linus Torvalds, and was first released in 1991. Nowadays, though still led by Linus, programmers all over the world participate in its ongoing development.
Its mascot is a penguin called Tux.
- The Linux Kernel Project (www.kernel.org)
- KernelTrap (www.kerneltrap.org)
- Latest news on *NIX kernel development
- LinuxWaves (www.linuxwaves.com)
- Linux information source and directory
- wikipedia.org -- Linux_kernel (en.wikipedia.org)
- Interactive map of Linux kernel source