bunzip2 [option] filename
Decompresses the specified filename using a sophisticated algorithm that is up to 30 percent faster than that used by gzip.
By default, bunzip2 does not overwrite existing output files. Use the --force option to override this setting. However, the program deletes input files by default. Use --keep option to override this setting and writes the compressed file with the .bz2 extension.
- -c,--compress: Force binzip2 to compress the files. This is same as running bzip2.
- -f,--force: Force overwrite of output files.
- -k,--keep: Keep the input files.
- -L,--license: Displays the license terms and conditions
- -V,--version: Displays the software version.
- bunzip2 off.tar.bz2: Decompresses the specified file.
- bunzip2 --keep off.tar.bz2: Decompresses the specified file without deleting the input file.