In order to play under Linux, you can:
- Play with a native game, i.e. a game that has been written for Linux (See list).
- Use Loki, which provides installers for several games
- Use Wine, which allows to run Windows applications under Linux
- Use Cedega, which is a fork of Wine but game-oriented. Its packaged version is not free of charge unlike its CVS version.
- Use Java Webstart (embedded in Java 1.6) to install cross-platform games very easily
- Use your web browser to launch web-games (applets using Java, Flash, Actionscript ...)
- Use an operating system emulator like dosBox