These are the general policies of the LQ Wiki. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact us or use the talk page.
- Avoid bias. You should always try to stay objective when adding content. Articles should have a neutral point of view.
- Don't infringe on Copyrights. If content you are entering into the Wiki is not yours you should make sure it is compatible with our copyright. If you are not sure get permission before adding.
- Follow conventions. By following these conventions we are able to produce a more consistent and usable site.
- Respect other contributors. LQ Wiki contributors come from many different countries and cultures, and have widely different views. Treating others with respect is key to collaborating effectively in building our site.
- Use English language material. In order to assess the appropriateness of material, all content must currently be in English, and any external sites which are linked to must also be English language based.
- Contribute what you know or are willing to learn about (and create stubs responsibly)
- Sign your posts on talk pages
- Avoid profanity
- No personal attacks (and move personal debates to email)
- Act according to newcomers and those not familiar with Wiki
Style and content guidelines
- Read the Manual of Style
- Explain jargon and acronyms
- Integrate changes (instead of just appending your thoughts at the end of an article)
- Establish context (instead of presuming too much knowledge)
- Define and describe
- State the obvious
- Cite your sources (and use proper references)
- Avoid statements that will date quickly
- Make articles useful for readers (and consider the audience in writing)
- Make only links relevant to the context
- Pay attention to spelling