This page will help you find ways to search for information in the LinuxQuestions wiki
Use the "Go or Search" search box
It is situated in the left hand site navigation.
- The "Go button" -- Find and load a page by exact name
- Enter all the characters of a particular page name ( even punctuation characters if any ) and click on the "Go" button (or just press "Enter"). If a page with this name exists it will be loaded, otherwise this has the same effect as the "Search" button.
- The "Search button" -- Search pages by name or/and contents
- If you type some words in the "Go or Find" box and click on the "Search button", you will be presented with two kind of matches :
- Article title matches
- This list all the pages whose name contains all the words entered.
- Page text matches
- This list all the pages containing all the words entered.
Use the hierarchical wiki structure
Start from the Main Page to browse LQWiki from very general topics to particular topics. You can start with a vague idea, and quickly zero in on the detailed information you need.
Use a web search engine
- site:wiki.linuxquestions.org xterm terminal emulator
- will list the pages in the wiki.linuxquestions.org domain that contain the words "xterm", "terminal" and "emulator".
- site:wiki.linuxquestions.org inurl:terminal xterm emulator
- will list the pages that contain the words "xterm" and "emulator" and have the word "terminal" in their url.
Note: Google won't necessarily find all the results. For example as of January 8 2007, the search query site:wiki.linuxquestions.org inurl:documentation wouldn't list the Linux_Documentation_Project wiki page.
Use the "Allpages" special wiki page
It will let you browse all the page names available. You can find it here.