- The current time,
- The time this machine has been up and running (in hours, days, etc),
- How many shell instances are running (the number of users),
- And finally the load average.
$ uptime 3:09pm up 3 days 17:31, 6 users, load average: 0.22, 0.15, 0.05
In this example, the computer has not been powered off since 3 days and 17 hours. There are 6 users logged in.
All of these relate to system-wide information.
- date - set or show the time.
- arch - show CPU hardware details.
- nproc - Show the number of cores.
- uname - Show host and kernel information.
- hostname - Set or show the host's name.
- hostid - Set pr show the host's numeric ID.
- Another uptime man page