Look for GNU/Linux documentation:
- in man pages via the man command
- at the given project's web page, in their documentation area
- in Howto documents -- howto's are easily obtainable from The Linux Documentation Project or by googling (Google) for them.
- using the info command (to view the texinfo manual, if there is one)
- here at the LinuxQuestions.org Wiki
- by searching relevant newsgroups' and mailing lists' archives
- by searching the LinuxQuestions.org forum archives
- on your own system in /usr/share/doc and elsewhere
When writing your own documentation, please keep the 3 C's in mind:
- Make it Correct,
- Concise, and
Of course, keeping your docs up to date and also understandable by your intended victims^h^h^h^h^h^h^h users goes without saying. :)
- The Linux Documentation Project
- Rute User's Tutorial and Exposition
- IBM Developerworks
- A lot of stuff to check, even in the Unix section.
- Open Books
- Very good articles. Active.