Endian is a firewall distribution based on the 2.6 kernel. There are 2 versions; the 'turnkey' type commercial edition and the community edition. The 2 editions work very similar to the Redhat / Fedora development model. Endian Community claims to be a true 'open-source' distribution.
Some of the features of Endian include:
- Stateful packet inspection firewall
- Proxies for various protocols including HTTP, FTP, POP3 and SMTP
- Virus and Spam filtering for email traffic
- Content filtering of Web traffic
- VPN client and server using based on OpenVPN