Jump to navigation Jump to search
Upcoming Desktop Software
- Galago (galago.sf.net)
- This is a unified desktop "presence" framework, which allows instant messengers and other chat programs to broadcast information on who is online and what their status is. Other parts of the desktop like email programs, web browsers etc can watch this information and use it to present a better interface. It's in the early stages of development but shows great potential for the future.
- autopackage (autopackage.org)
- a software installation framework for Linux that hopes to make installing programs far easier in future
- Dashboard (www.nat.org)
- The Dashboard watches what you are doing on the desktop and ties information from many different sources together into a coherant whole. This is sort of a dynamic, constantly updating search engine. Still in the early stages.
- Beagle (beaglewiki.org)
- A search tool for your personal information space: documents, web bookmarks, instant messages, emails, music, source code, etc.