LQWiki:How to revert a page
For a variety of reasons you may find yourself needing to revert an article to an earlier revision. Reasons for needing to do this include:
- copyright violations
- clearly inaccurate (or possibly dangerous) information
You can revert an article to a previous version by following these instructions.
- Click on the page history link for the article and find the version you'd like to revert to. Usually, the immediately previous version to the edit you want to revert is the best one to pick.
- Open up this version by clicking on the datetime stamp.
- Use the Edit this page link to edit the old version. You should get a warning saying that you're editing an out-of-date revision of this page.
- Avoid the temptation to change the page content. You should always try to keep reverts separate from "real" edits.
- Specify in the edit summary what you're reverting and why.
- Save the page with the Save page button.
The article should now be reverted. You can now make any additional edits as appropriate.