This article describes how you can listen to music and watch movies on your Linux computer.
- to play any kind of music file, use mplayer
- to play a CD, start kaffeine and click on "Play Audio CD"
- to record sound, use an audio editor like krecord or audacity
- CD ripping and encoding can be done easily with tools such as grip or cdparanoia. KDE users can Rip and Encode Audio CDs from the File Manager and other Frontends
- you can listen to webradio
- to watch any DVD (including DVDs with a menu) use VLC media player
- to get a video from your camcorder onto your computer via FireWire, use kino
- to get a video from your mobile phone, use Bluetooth
- Watch TV using a Hauppage WinTV PVR USB2