(Redirected from Network)
This article explains Networking by linking to detailed topics.
Read this if you do not have a concrete question, but need an introduction.
Here you learn how to:
- Connect to the net
- Set up mobile broadband (also known as UMTS, 3G, HSDPA, etc.)
- Set up wireless networking
- Share files with Windows computers
- Kill Sockets - if a program gives the error message "socket already in use"
- LVS with HA for Win2k Terminal Servers - Explicit setup instructions for High Availability Load Balancing.
- List of port numbers for network services
- Set up an apache web server with SUSE Linux
- Set up an FTP server - Information on how to set up an FTP service and create a webadmin FTP user for writing to a web directory.
- Set up an NFS server
- Set up a Samba Server - Information on sharing files with Windows machines.
- Set up passwordless logins - Tired to type your password? Here is help.
- Remote Desktop Connection - Connect to other computers with VNC, XDCMP, SSH or telnet.
- Diskless Workstation - Configure tftp, dhcp, and nfs for diskless netboot
- Open sharedroot diskless Workstation/Server - Configure tftp, dhcp, and nfs for sharedroot diskless netboot
- The Domain Name System (DNS)
- Network Information Service (NIS)
- Debian Networking Tutorials
- Monitoring Network using Nagios - Tutorials
- Rename Network Interface Using Udev
- Add Static Routes in Debian Linux
- Red Hat Configuration
- Add/Edit IP Addresses in Redhat Enterprise linux
- Add Static Routes in Redhat Enterprise Linux
- Set up a router or default gateway with Redhat 9.0
- Bridging made easy - Explains how to configure bridging to run within existing (RedHat-esque) scripts.