Jump to navigation Jump to search
partclone refers to a family of command-line programs that copy the active blocks of a partition to or from a backup, or between partitions.
This article is a stub and needs to be finished. Plunge forward and help it grow!
The individual members of this family are:
- partclone.ext2, partclone.ext3, partclone.ext4 (all symbolic links to partclone.extfs)
- partclone.fat32, partclone.fat12, partclone.fat16 (all symbolic links to partclone.fat)
- partclone.hfsplus (symbolic link to partclone.hfsp)
- partclone.ufs (with SU+J)
- partclone.vmfs (v3 and v5)
- partclone.dd (for unsupported filesystems -- it copies all blocks)
They are listed together because aside from the name and the kind of partition they handle, and almost all have the same command-line interface and options (partclone.dd is missing some options).
- Packing and Unpacking Files