User talk:Mak mailbox
Hi I am facing a problem related firefox and some other applications like DocumentViewer (evince). I can run the firefox from terminal by just giving command "firefox" but when I made its shortcut in panel and try to run through that panel shortcut , the mouse coursor just becomes busy for while and nothing happen. The same happens for evince . Where I can launch other aplications like eclipse, terminal, and system monitor from panel.
I am using RHEL5 on intel 32bit machine. What I tried is : 1. changing the command of the panel shortcut as "firefox %u" , no progress 2. inserting the path "/usr/lib" into PATH variable , Firefox is installed in this path. but no progress
- The LQwiki is not intended as a place for tech support questions. If you wish, you can still ask such questions in the talk pages, but you will receive a more accurate and rapid response at the LQ forums. If you are not already a member of the forums, you can register here. You can link to LQwiki articles from the LQ forums like so: [[Insert article name here]] After you fix your problem, please share your experience with others back at the LQwiki! --ThorstenStaerk 20:20, September 9, 2009 (UTC)
- Welcome to wiki.linuxquestions.org! This wiki allows you to read tutorials and tips to a lot of Linux topics, and you can also add your own content.
You can write articles on all using-Linux topics here:
- you found out how to install Linux to a USB disk? Add your knowledge to installing Linux on a USB disk.
- you alway mix up target and source for the command zip? Put a reminder for you and everyone else to zip.
- you found something useful that you want to tell everyone? Write it to tips and tricks.
and now, have fun! --ThorstenStaerk 20:20, September 9, 2009 (UTC)