Jump to navigation Jump to search
PyChess is a gnome-inspired chessclient written in python. Licensed under the free GPL license.
The goal of PyChess, is to provide a fully featured, nice looking, easy to use chess client for the gnome-desktop.
The client should be usable both to those totally new to chess, those who want to take a game here and there, and those who wants to use the computer to further enhance their play.
- CECP and UCI Engine support
- Free online play on the FICS chess servers
- Read and writes the PGN, EPD and FEN chess fileformats
- Builtin python based engine
- Undo and pause functions.
- Board and piece animation
- Drag and drop
- Tabbed interface
- Hints and spyarrows
- Openingbook sidepanel using sqlite
- Scoreplot sidepanel
- "Enter game" in pgn dialog
- Internationalised or figure pieces in notation
- Optional sounds
- Legal move highlighting
- A nice and accesible look
- Homepage (pychess.googlepages.com)
- Screenshots (pychess.googlepages.com/screenshots)
- Translate (launchpad.net/pychess)