Jump to navigation Jump to search
stdbuf is a command to alter the behavior of I/O filestreams for a subordinate command.
These all relate to running commands in an altered context.
- chroot - Confine the program to "jail".
- env - Change variables.
- nice - Change priority.
- nohup - Protect from hangups (modem) or network outages.
- su - Change user
- timeout - Limit the time.
- gdb - Run under control of a debugger
- script - Capture all program output
- valgrind - Validate program behavior
- strace - Create a log of system calls.