This is a disambiguation page - it contains links to different pages which are referenced here under the same page name. If you've followed a link and have arrived on this page, you might want to go back and modify the link to point to the most appropriate article which is listed on this page.
This page discusses the command users. If you are looking for a discussion of the general concept of users, try User.
The users command shows who is logged in, by login name.
All of these relate to user information.
- id - dump UID and GID information.
- logname - show the login name.
- whoami - show effective user ID.
- groups - show groups of the current user.
- who - show who is logged in from where.