A Howto, Tutorial or Guide is a documentation for accomplishing tasks. If you wish to find a listing of all howtos on this wiki, look at the Category Guides.
Here is a selection:
- LinuxIntro - your starting point
Disk and archive manipulation
- Clone a disk using dd
- Configure storage devices
- Create software RAID and volume groups
- Embed a zip file into an image
- Make a USB disk bootable
- Make backups
- Encrypt a disk
- Regshot for Linux
- Pack and unpack files
Setup and Office
- Creating startup scripts
- Do Office tasks - word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, image manipulation and other
- Install Software
- Schedule Tasks
- Set up lm sensors - for monitoring CPU/Motherboard temperature, fan speeds, voltage information, etc.
- Surf the web / Connect to the net
- Burn a CDROM
- Play Games
- Do Multimedia tasks - listen to music, extract CDs, watch videos and DVDs
- Talk to friends online - how to access common instant messaging networks, see also IM.